Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wildpark Poing


Lucas' Kindergarten organized a family outing to the local Wildpark (Wildlife park). Ralph was out of town on business so it was just myself and the kids. We had a great time. Lea was particularly thrilled about the animals, she kept squeaking each time she saw something. Lucas was feeling much braver on this trip and was keen on petting a few animals and even feeding them.


During the lunch break Lucas and his friends hit the huge playground while Lea and I hung out with the other parents and toddlers. I was amazed that Lucas just took off to play. Usually I have to go with him until he feels comfortable but I guess being around his friends he felt confortable enough to play without having me nearby. The poor thing did get disoriented when he went to come back and wandered for a while before I ended up finding him. But still even then, when I happened to find him wasn't too upset. Amazing!


Lucas went to check out the bears with his friend Louis. The two of them were so cute together! They were holding hands and being silly. Louis even shared his cookies with Lucas. I'm sure that in Lucas' books they are now destined to be friends forever!

Despite the extreme heat on that day (something like 35°C), we had a great time and no one had a melt down. The three of us are getting good at these outings. Hopefully the great summer weather will continue and we can go on a few more trips.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment