Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lazy Sundays...

Oh how we love our lazy Sundays! Nowhere to be, nothing to do. We just enjoyed the whole day. Making breakfast turned out to be a learning experience for Lucas who discovered that no, just like Mom and Dad said, you cannot bang two eggs against each other. So, for breakfast Mom and Dad each got two eggs over easy.


Lea is proving to not be much of a better eater than her brother. I think that she too forgot to read the baby manual. She turned her nose up at her joghurt this morning. At lunch she once again refused the mashed veggies I tried to feed her put was happy to take a few forkfulls of my spinach and feta quiche. She did suck on a few bits of potato but I would not really say that much went into her. In the afternoon we did get a small bit of mashed banana into her but not until after she had tried to eat it herself. After a little research last night I figure that we are being forced into "Baby led weaning" (i.e. the baby decides what and when it eats in that it is given a variety of "finger foods" to try). She will not open her mouth for strained anything. She will eat soup - if everyone else at the table it eating it too. I have tried putting her mashed veggies onto my plate but she seems to be able to figure out that I am the only one and she refused to eat them. I'm not quite sure how we are ever going to get her off milk at this rate. I am trying to stay positive though. The good news is that she is willing to try things before she turns her nose up at them. Lucas did eventually eat and I've never heard of a child starving itself so I guess we'll just have to keep trying and waiting. Watching Lea eat does make for a lot of memorable moments. Not too mention messy ones! Here's hoping that Lucas doesn't feel that he needs to regress to this stage too.


 Well off to bed we go. Lea is bound to be hungry soon and tomorrow is Monday, so we all need our rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment